1. Most dreams are based on visual images (Except in people who were either born blind, or who lost their sight at an early age). Occasionally, dreams will include sound and touch.
2. The normal rules of logic do not apply in dreams. For example, the dream may be taking place in one…
1. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders.
2. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes.
3. Acrophobia: The fear of heights.
4. Agoraphobia: The fear of situations in where it’s hard to escape.
5. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs.
6. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning.
7. Trypanophobia: The fear of injections.
8. Social Phobias: The fear of social situations.
9. Pteromerhanophobia: The fear of flying.
10. Mysophobia: The fear of germs or dirt.
The Five Factor Model describes personality in terms of the following dimensions:
1. Openness: People who have high scores on this dimension are believed to be original, imaginative, creative, artistic, open to new ideas, and interested in cultural pursuits. Low scorers are more conventional,…
1. Breathe slowly and deeply: Shallow chest breathing makes your heart beat faster, and tenses your muscles, so you feel more stressed. In contrast, breathing slowly and deeply helps you feel much more relaxed.
2. Visualize yourself being calm and relaxed:Imagine all your stress being…
1. Recognise that it’s a feeling – and our moods go up and down. Shrug your shoulders, grit your teeth and choose to make it through the day. Nothing’s really wrong – and there is nothing wrong with you. It’s just the way you’re feeling – and our feelings usually change.
2. Don’t be hard…
Blue: Makes the people around you feel at ease. Dark blues are great for interviews and lighter blues for parties and social events.
Red: The colour we associate with passion. Research conducted by the University of Rochester found that men were more attracted to, and turned on by, women who…